Terms & Conditions
Neither Give2Those/ Stride and Ride Inc, nor any third parties provide any guarantee to any material that is on this website.
All information posted is best guess and best practice. It is not an exact formula as to how the relay as a whole or each stage will play out. By using information on this website you acknowledge that any or all of it may not be accurate. By participating in this event at any capacity, you are doing so at your own risk. Give2Those/ Stride and Ride Inc,nor any of the organizations listed above are liable.
Donations and Payments:
All donations made through this website are collected by Give2Those Inc. 100% of the money received is tax deductible.
If you signed up and can no longer participate, If you are unable to participate in the event, it is your responsibility to notify your squad leader (captain) the directors of the Stride and RideRelay. If you are the squad leader, please notify us so a replacement runner can be assigned. You may transfer your registration from one runner,walker/ rucker, cyclist, motorcycle to another due to the original runner not being able to participate any longer but you must let us know who will be filling in for your stage and that person MUST sign a new Wavier.
No information you give on this site will be used for any other purpose than for this event and to promote this event. Give2Those and the Stride and Ride Relay will do everything it can to protect any and all information given and will not sell any part of it. Images, photos, names, and stories may be used for promotional purposes.
Release of Liability:
In order to participate in the event, at sign-up, each runner, walker, rucker, cyclist, motorcyclist is required to accept a Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement. The agreement is as follows:
In allowing me to participate in the Stride and Ride Relay (the "Event”), I, for myself, and on behalf of my spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby agree to and make the following contractual representations pursuant to this Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (the "Agreement”)
1. I hereby represent that (i) I am in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Event; and (ii) I am not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair my ability to safely participate in the Event. I agree that it is my sole responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Event. This release includes all injuries and/or damages suffered by me before, during or after the event. I recognize, intend and understand that this release is binding on my heirs, executors, administrators, or assignees.
2. I understand that participation involves risks and dangers which include, without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, permanent disability, paralysis and death; loss or damage to property; exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances; accidents, illness, contact or collision with other participants, spectators, vehicles or other natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect course conditions; water, road and surface hazards; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations beyond the immediate control of the Event Organizers; and other undefined harm or damage which may not be readily foreseeable, and other presently unknown risks and dangers ("Risks”). I understand that these Risks may be caused in whole or in part by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Event, or the acts, inaction or negligence of the Released Parties defined below, and I hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses or expenses which I incur as a result of my participation in the Event.
3. I hereby Release, Waive and Covenant Not to Sue, and further agree to Indemnify, Defend and Hold Harmless the following parties: the Give2Those Inc, Event Organizers and Promoters, Race Directors, Sponsors, Advertisers, Host Cities, Local Organizing Committees, Venues and Property Owners upon which the Event takes place, Law Enforcement Agencies and other Public Entities providing support for the Event, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees and volunteers (Individually and Collectively, the "Released Parties” or "Event Organizers”), with respect to any liability, claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss or expense (including court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees) of any kind or nature ("Liability”) which may arise out of, result from, or relate to my participation in the Event, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Released Parties.
4) I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liability which any may be incurred as the result of such claim. I hereby warrant that I have read this Agreement carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I will be giving up substantial legal rights by signing it (including the rights of the minor, my spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns), acknowledge that I have agreed to this Agreement freely and voluntarily, without any inducement, assurance or guarantee, and intend for my acknowledgement to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement represents the complete understanding between the parties regarding these issues and no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made apart from this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
By submitting this entry, I acknowledge (or a parent or adult guardian for all children under 18 years) having read and agreed to the above release and waiver.
5) Further, I grant permission to all the foregoing to use my name, voice and images of myself in any photographs, motion pictures, results, publications or any other print, videographic or electronic recording of this event for legitimate purposes.